Kingston Fashion BA (Hons) 2nd year students will be attending a ‘Start a Career in Fashion’ event on Thursday May 8th, as part of the University’s commitment to giving them the best possible chance of finding a job in the industry upon graduating.
Students will be heading to Camden in the evening of the 8th to attend talks with some guest speakers, with the aim of starting a mutually beneficial conversation between people already in the industry and the students.
After a series of talks by the experts, there will be a panel discussion, where students will be encouraged to ask questions.
The event will be sponsored by New Look, and a careers’ team from the high street brand will be taking focused seminars with those who would be interested in working for them.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kingston graduate celebrity bespoke tailor and designer Joshua Kane
- Founder of Arts Thread and former Educational Director of The Society of British Interior Design Alex Brownless
- Digital Editor for Graduate Fashion Week and AW14 Editor for Fashion Scout Joshua Walker,
- New Look head of e-commerce Sally Heath
- Design innovator and Course Director of MA Fashion at Kingston Andrew Ibi.
Associate Professor Elinor Renfrew, Associate Head of Design School at Kingston’s Fashion Department will be supporting the event and is encouraging all 2nd year Fashion students to attend.
The event will be live-streamed to online viewers from digital agency Forward3D’s impressive auditorium. If unable to attend the event, head to at 18:20 on the 8th.
And watch a preview from the New Look team here.
It promises to be a fantastic event!