Working on the Identity

So after our many meetings, one of the jobs we needed to do was create an identity for our  products (previously a kit)

Coming up with a name was difficult, as we didn’t want to limit ourselves to anything specific. It was important that the brand was not limiting in any way, whether that be visually, or content-wise.

We had considered using a symbol, or character to name the design, such as “~” or “*” for example. Then we realised we could just go back to our manifesto. Read This, Design That, Create Those, and changed it to the shorter, sharper “Use This, Create Those”.

Following our overall want to stick to the humble, sustainable standards, we went for a raw look. Recycled craft paper, and a stamp like font that was flexible enough to not follow a specific “movement” or design style that would contradict our ideals.

Some of the font choices we looked at:

Screen shot 2013-11-18 at 11.58.04 PM

The majority felt that the bottom last, and possibly the first upper left font were suitable. They were raw, textured, and fell into the image we wanted to give.

Some of the mock ups of our products, pending finalising:

Screen shot 2013-11-18 at 11.58.18 PM

 

Screen shot 2013-11-18 at 11.58.23 PM

Now to finalise and think of the product names for our final list of the products in our line, and finalise the layout…

 

Week 8: development of ” food for thought”

First attempt of " food for thought" PhotoGrid_1384460345901

The first attempt of food for thought:

Following last weeks’ group discussion, me and Jingzhou worked on the ” food for thought” part. If we would like to customerize our own fortune cookies from the size to the color, to bake the fortune cookies of our own would be our first step  to approach to our goal. The picsare the result of  the first attempt toward “food for thought” including the size measuring information for the over all package for our kit.